Disease: Warts (Common Warts)
- Warts are small, self-limited tumors caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
- Types of warts include common warts, flat warts, plantar warts, periungual warts, and filiform warts.
- Warts typically disappear on their own with time, but it may take years.
- Warts respond variably to a variety of treatment measures.
- Over-the-counter treatments for warts include salicylic-acid preparations and freezing kits.
- Warts may recur following treatment.
Define Common Diseases
Cancer Health Center helps you find information, definitaions and treatement options for most common diseases, sicknesses, illnesses and medical conditions. Find what diseases you have quick and now.